Popular posts from this blog
Investigation Blog Post 19
Introduction: This week’s blog post is about the story of Cinderella. It’s not really a film topic or genre, but I decided in honor of our performance of Cinderella this week I would discuss the many version of cinderella. I may not get to all of them but I will do my best. The story of cinderella is one of the most classic fairytales and is probably the most known from Disney and the newest version of the musical. The cinderella movie that was notable for me as a kid, other than the Disney movie and the sequels, was the 1965 movie version. The story of cinderella can be modern-day struggles and problems and doest have to be the classic story but can follow the same tropes and ideas. I decided to start by looking up all stories based on Cinderella and the actual Cinderella story itself. Inspiration: Here is the link (I did the top 10): https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-cinderella-movies/ranker-film Cinderella (2015) The Princess Diaries The Princess Diaries 2: Royal En...
Pan's Labyrinth Reflection Questions
Watches and time: What is the symbolism and backstory to Captain Vidal’s watch? Why is it an important plot device? The symbolism behind the watch is when the one officer at the table told it he said that he smashed the watch so his son knew what time he died and what it took to be a hero. We see the captain using a watch periodically and to him it's a symbol of obsession. He is obsessed with the passage of time. He knows he is living to die, his whole driving force is based on the story of his father, who died and broke the watch to show his son how a real man should die. His watch obsession parallels with his obsession with death. In the hill scene where they are firing the guns at the rebels he says “it's the only decent way to die.” Vidal is obsessed with the passage of time and he lives by its restrictions and he is aware of them. He is a man of action and, a military captain, who forces his will on the world like the gears do on a watch. Keys: Keys seemingl...

Comments
Post a Comment